- 1991 Federico Marsico PrizeXXI Congr Naz Soc Ital Cardiol Pediatr, Forte dei Marmi, 12th-15th September 1991. Abstr in: G Ital Cardiol 1991; 21(suppl 2).Preparazione del ‘ventricolo polmonare’ allo switch arterioso mediante ostruzione intravascolare regolabile dell’efflusso: un modello sperimentale in agnelli.Bonhoeffer P, Carminati M, Crupi G, Vanini V, Henry W, Parenzan L.
- 1993 Travellers Grant for Young SurgeonsXCIII Ann Congr Jap Surg Soc. Sendai, 3rd-10th March1993. Abstr in: J Jpn Surg Soc 1993; 90. Japan Surgical Society:Non-surgical left ventricular preparation for arterial switch in transposition of the great arteries.Bonhoeffer P, Carminati M, Parenzan L.
- 2003 ETHICA Award, EuroPCRParis Course of RevascularisationPrize shared with Prof. Alain Cribier from Rouen, France
- 2006 Grand Scientific Prize 2006Foundation of Lefoulon-Delalande de l’Institute de France Prize shared with Prof. Francis Fontan2006 Pediatric and Adult Interventional Therapies for Congenital and Valvular Heart Disease PICS September 11, 2006 Bellagio, Las VegasIn recognition of his innovative contributions in the field of Congenital Interventional Cardiology
By members of research team
- 2000 Prize: Société Française de Recherche en PédiatrieTranscatheter implantation of a biological valve in pulmonary position: an animal study.Boudjemline Y., Kachaner J., Bonnet D., Sidi D., Bonhoeffer P.
- 2000 Prize: Fédération Française de CardiologieInsights in percutaneous aortic valve replacement.Boudjemline Y., Bonhoeffer P.
- 2002 Prize: Société Française de CardiologiePercutaneous aortic valve replacement.Boudjemline Y., Bonhoeffer P.
- 2003 Outstanding Research Award in Pediatric Cardiology,American Heart AssociationSachin Khambadkone
- 2005 University College of London, Institute of Child Health Poster competition 2005, 3rd Prize in senior categoryPercutaneous Pulmonary Valve Implantation Acutely Improves Global RightVentricular Systolic Function in Repaired Congenital Heart Disease assessed byTissue Doppler.L Coats, S Khambadkone, M Burrows, K Maslin, J Deanfield, P Bonhoeffer.D Pellerin
- 2005 Young Researcher Prize, European Symposium of Vascular Biomaterials (1st prize). Strasbourg (France),Rapid prototyping into the study of percutaneous valved stent implantation.Schievano S, Migliavacca F, Taylor A, Boudjemline Y, Dubini G, Bonhoeffer P.
- 2006 Young Investigator Prize, British Congenital Cardiac Association (BCCA)Immediate haemodyanamic effect and short term clinical follow up following percutaneous pulmonary valve replacement.Bolger P, Nordmeyer J, Cullen S, Walker F, Coats L, Lee TY, Deanfield J, Lurz P, Bonhoeffer P
- 2008 Endocoronary Biomechanics Research Symposium. April 10-11, 2008 – Marseille (France) best poster prize.Engineering Approach to the Study of Percutaneous Pulmonary Valve Implantation. Schievano S, Migliavacca F, Capelli C, Lurz P, Nordmeyer J, Taylor AM, Bonhoeffer P.
- 2008 Medical Engineering Division Innovations (Duncan Dowson) Prize. 3 July 2008 – Institute of Mechanical Engineers, London.Use of rapid prototyping models in planning of percutaneous pulmonary valved stent implantation.Armillotta A, Bonhoeffer P, Dubini G, Ferragina S, Migliavacca F, Sala G, Schievano S.
- 2008 Specially Commended at Institute of Child Health Student Poster Competition (19th November 2008)New Device for Percutaneous Pulmonary Valve Implantation: a Computational Patient Specific Analysis.Capelli C, Schievano S, Taylor A, Bonhoeffer P
- 2009 Interventional Pediatric Cardiology Award (24 March 2009 – Milan)New Percutaneous Pulmonary Valve Device: Computer Simulation Testing in Patients’ Implantation Site.Capelli C, Migliavacca F, Taylor A, Bonhoeffer P, Schievano S
- 2009 European Symposium of Vascular Biomaterials 2009 – Connecting Biomaterials to Arterial Structures – 1st Young Researcher Prize. (Strasbourg, May 13-15th 2009)Finite element testing in patients of a new percutaneous pulmonary valve device.Capelli C, Migliavacca F, Taylor MA, Bonhoeffer P, Schievano S.
- 2012 Galien Prize, USA.For excellence in scientific innovation and humanitarian efforts. Medtronic Melody transcatheter pulmonary valve won the category of best medical technology product.